What is Attachment Parenting (AP)?
Attachment Parenting is often considered a more instinctive form of parenting, where the relationship quality is highly valued. Empathy and sensitivity become a powerful model for nurturing secure and compassionate children.
Wondering if you have to do all the things we advocate to be an attached parent? No! We encourage you to take what works for you and leave the rest. There is no criteria, no reason to strive for perfection, we simply hope the resources here will help you find balance and strengthen your right to feel positive and confident in what you do. (Thanks to APUK)
The 8 Principles of Attachment Parenting:
- Prepare for Pregnancy, Birth & Parenting
- Feed with Love & Respect
- Respond with Sensitivity
- Use Nurturing Touch
- Ensure Safe Sleep, Physically and Emotionally
- Provide Consistent and Loving Care
- Practice Positive Discipline
- Strive for Balance in Personal and Family Life